You can make a difference in the lives of hospice patients and their families. As a hospice volunteer, you can give the gift of companionship and emotional support to someone with a serious life-limiting illness — and provide much needed support for their caregivers.
Our volunteers fulfill a variety of roles, including:
- Offering companionship to patients in their place of residence by reading to, talking with, listening to and being a caring presence
- Providing caregiver relief, which could include running errands, such as picking up groceries or walking a dog, or helping with other tasks, as appropriate
- Assisting with clerical duties, such as answering phones, helping with data entry and other tasks as needed
To ensure patient safety, volunteers do not assist with feeding, toileting, physical transfers, driving or administering medication.
- Must be 18 or older
- Be able to dedicate four hours a week to hospice care during weekdays
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Attend a 2-hour information presentation and a 1-day patient care orientation class
*RSVPs required. By attending, there is no obligation to volunteer. Refreshments will be served. *
- Scripps Home-based Care
- San Diego, CA 921034311 Third Avenue
|Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 - Thu, Apr 7th, 2016||10 am - 12 pm||Free|