Scripps is undertaking a county-wide initiative to tackle the 3-4-50:
- 3 behaviors (smoking, poor diet and lack of physical activity) that contribute to
- 4 chronic diseases (cancer, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease)
- That cause 50 percent of all deaths in San Diego and throughout the U.S.
The first step in the initiative is Healthy Living, a class designed to help you to identify and adopt practical ways to improve your health.
This fun and interactive session provides an opportunity for you to learn about making healthy lifestyle choices. Topics include:
- Basics of healthy eating by using MyPlate
- How to translate the new USDA Dietary Guidelines into a daily routine
- How to determine what the nutrition label is really saying
- The health risks of smoking and secondhand smoke, and the new ways tobacco is being used in our communities including vape pens and e-cigarettes, dip, snuff and more. Resources for how to quit smoking will be available.
- Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
- La Jolla, CA 920374126 Executive DriveSenior Activity Room
|Fri, Jun 17th, 2016 - Fri, Jun 17th, 2016||10:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.||$2.50|