Invite your friends, family and neighbors to come to the Volunteer Open House to learn the first steps to becoming a volunteer at any of our Scripps locations, including hospice.
Our volunteers play a valuable role in fulfilling the Scripps mission by promoting the health and well being of our patients. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and meet others who share your interests.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Work with patients on nursing units in critical care areas including labor and delivery and provide companionship and emotional support to hospice patients
- Assist family members in waiting rooms or at the information desk
- Support administrative departments with clerical tasks
- Assist with short term assignments in fundraising, marketing or executive health
- Work in the gift shop, pet therapy program or the craft unit (making patient tray favors or knitting newborn baby beanies)
- Work in our brand new Prebys Cardiovascular Institute
Come meet our staff and other volunteers. You’ll learn about all our volunteer positions and about the requirements and benefits. Volunteers must be 18 or older and commit to 4 hrs/week for a minimum of 6 months.
There is no obligation. Refreshments will be served.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- La Jolla, CA 920379896 Genesee Ave.Volunteer Services Office - Lower Level
|Thu, Jul 21st, 2016 - Thu, Jul 21st, 2016||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Free|