Led by Karen Sothers, MEd, RYT, our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course offers intensive training in the use of mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga to help cope with stress, pain and illness.
The techniques and practices taught in this course complement conventional medical treatment and preventive health practices by mobilizing and strengthening your body’s innate resources for healing and responding to stress.
Closely modeled after the world-renowned stress reduction program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, our approach combines breath awareness, meditation, yoga and other mind-body methods to help you achieve serenity, health and well-being in your everyday life.
This MBSR course takes place over eight weeks. It meets once per week and also includes one, day-long Saturday retreat called the "Day of Mindfulness."
MBSR Program Schedule:
Winter 2017 (afternoon series)
- Tuesdays, January 31 - March 21, from 1:30 pm - 4 pm
- Saturday, March 18 from 9:30 am - 4 pm
Spring 2017 (afternoon series)
- Tuesdays, May 2 - June 20, from 1:30 pm - 4 pm
- Saturday, June 10, from 9:30 am - 4 pm
Fall 2017 (afternoon series)
- Tuesdays, September 26 - November 14, from 1:30 pm - 4 pm
- Saturday, November 11, 9:30am - 4 pm
The full eight-week program includes the all-day "Day of Mindfulness" retreat, CDs and a program manual.
Partial scholarships are available based upon financial need. Scripps Health employees receive a 20% discount.
- Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine
- 10820 N. Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla, CA 92037 Get directions
|Tue, May 2nd, 2017 - Tue, May 2nd, 2017||1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.||$495.00|