As a hospice volunteer with Scripps Health, you can give the gift of companionship and emotional support to someone with a serious life-limiting illness and provide much needed support for their caregivers.
Our volunteers fulfill a variety of roles that include:
- Working directly with patients in their homes or in a long-term care setting
- Providing caregiver relief, which could include running errands, such as picking up groceries or walking a dog, or helping with other tasks, as appropriate
- Specialty volunteer roles include sewing keepsake bears, haircutting from licensed cosmetologists, pet therapy with certified therapy dogs, and energy therapy by qualified Reiki practitioners
- Must be 18 or older
- Be able to dedicate four hours a week to hospice care
- Commit to at least one year of service
Attend a Volunteer Information Presentation to learn more about this unique service opportunity. Reservations are required.
- Scripps Home Based Care
- Room 123
- 4311 Third Avenue
- San Diego, CA 92103 Get directions
|Mon, Jul 31st, 2017 - Mon, Jul 31st, 2017||1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Free|