The San Diego Day of Trauma is a nationally accredited continuing medical education conference designed for physicians, nurses, physician assistants and first responders in the fields of trauma, emergency, and critical care medicine.
Kona Kai Resort
1551 Shelter Island Dr
San Diego, California 92106
The San Diego Day of Trauma is a nationally accredited continuing medical education conference designed for physicians, nurses, physician assistants and first responders in the fields of trauma, emergency, and critical care medicine. Nationally renowned speakers will present state of the art management of life threatening emergencies commonly encountered in the field. Conference speakers will include specialists in the fields of pre-hospital care, trauma surgery, and critical care. Lectures, real-life case presentations, and interactive sessions will engage attendees and promote improved patient outcomes.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss rapid changes in trauma care over the last two decades that lead to our current practice.
- Identify pre-hospital opportunities to improve immediate care of the injured.
- Describe the role of advances in communicating with pre-hospital providers to improve early stabilization of the injured.
- Incorporate innovations in hemorrhage control both in the field and early at the trauma center.
- Demonstrate effective points of decision making for care of the injured elderly patient beginning with pre-hospital care, to the trauma center, and beyond.
- Identify areas where reassessment of our management will lead to innovations which improve outcomes.
- Develop an approach for maintaining our work force including recruiting and training the physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and paramedics of the future.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Board of Registered Nursing
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The majority of state boards accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ as meeting continuing education requirements for license renewal. Nurses should check with their state’s Board of Registered Nursing regarding use of CME credit.
Emergency Medical Services
The County of San Diego, Division of EMS, has approved this course for 4 hours, San Diego County EMS Provider #37-0219.
PAs may claim a maximum of 8 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- Kona Kai Resort
- San Diego, CA 921061551 Shelter Island Drive
|Fri, Nov 2nd, 2018 - Fri, Nov 2nd, 2018||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|