Macular degeneration, or age-related macular degeneration (AMD), is a leading cause of vision loss in people over age 60. It is a disease that destroys our sharp, central vision, which is needed to see objects clearly, and to read and drive.
Join Scripps ophthalmologist Anne Hanneken, MD, to learn about the two different forms of macular degeneration, the symptoms of each form and what treatment options are available.
You will learn:
- The difference between "dry" and "wet" macular degeneration
- Why regular eye examinations are important
- What you can do to preserve the vision you have
- The latest advancements in treatment
- The results of recent clinical trials and research findings
The event is free. Parking is $4.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Schaetzel Center, Great Hall
- 9888 Genesee Avenue
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US Directions
|Tue, Apr 11th, 2017 - Tue, Apr 11th, 2017||1:00 PM - 2:00 PM||Free|