This course brings together clinicians and leading experts in diverse areas of hematology and oncology to discuss new clinical developments.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, California 92122
Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Clinical Hematology & Oncology Conference 2021, is designed for hematologists, oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, internists, and others desiring an update in these specialty areas. The primary objective of this course is to bring together clinicians and leading experts in diverse areas of hematology and oncology, affording them an intimate environment in which to discuss new clinical developments and significant advances.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the clinical and molecular facets of pathogenesis, diagnostic approaches and therapeutic modalities available for various hematologic disorders.
- Select and apply the changing approaches to hematologic malignancies, particularly as they relate to evidence-based standards of care, including innovations in diagnosis and treatment.
- Choose new therapeutic options for the treatment of a number of common malignancies; understanding appropriate indications and contraindications to these therapeutic approaches.
- Apply practical expertise gained from the clinical situations discussed in the workshop sessions with an emphasis on data-based approaches to patients with common but serious hematologic conditions.
- Integrate the evolving approaches to breast cancer from both a diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic perspective.
- Integrative the evolving approaches to various immunologic cancer treatments.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Please note: ABIM MOC points will be awarded to those who successfully complete the requirements outlined in the post-conference evaluation. Points earned will be reported to the ABIM approximately 60 days post conference. These points will not appear on your CME certificate from Scripps.
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The majority of state boards accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ as meeting continuing education requirements for license renewal. Nurses should check with their state’s Board of Registered Nursing regarding use of CME credit.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
- La Jolla, CA 921223777 La Jolla Village Drive
Date and time
Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12 pm