This CME conference is designed to educate clinicians on state-of-the-art care for heart failure and arrhythmias.
The Westin Carlsbad Resort
5480 Grand Pacific Drive
Carlsbad, California 92008
Significant advances in the diagnosis and management of heart failure and arrhythmias continue to emerge, compelling the practice of cardiology to constantly evolve. These advances must be consistently implemented into clinical practice to guarantee the best care for patients affected by these cardiovascular conditions. Expert faculty will cover a wide range of topics including the diagnosis, management, and state-of-the-art treatment for heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias. Participants will return to their practice equipped with the latest evidence base and practical information to improve patient outcomes.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate current and emerging clinical evidence in the assessment, treatment and management of patients with challenging cardiovascular disease.
- Apply new concepts in the management of arrhythmias, heart failure and hypertension.
- Employ new medical and surgical therapies for heart failure.
- Discuss current pharmacologic and medical management strategies for patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Assess device based therapies for heart rhythm disorders.
- Enhance skills in the management of cardiovascular disease in women.
- Illustrate techniques to aid in patient adherence to prescribed medications.
- Determine the effect of comorbidity and chronic conditions on patients with heart disease.
- Outline best practices for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Integrate new guidelines for hypertension and heart failure management into practice.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 15 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The majority of state boards accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ as meeting continuing education requirements for license renewal. Nurses should check with their state’s Board of Registered Nursing regarding use of CME credit.
PAs may claim a maximum of 15 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- The Westin Carlsbad Resort
- Carlsbad, CA 920085480 Grand Pacific Drive
|Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 - Sun, Apr 26th, 2020||7 am - 12 pm|