This CME conference is designed to educate clinicians on state-of-the-art care for heart failure and arrhythmias.
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
4240 La Jolla Village Drive
La Jolla, California 92037
Significant advances in the diagnosis and management of heart failure and arrhythmias continue to emerge, compelling the practice of cardiology to constantly evolve. These advances must be consistently implemented into clinical practice to guarantee the best care for patients affected by these cardiovascular conditions. Expert faculty will cover a wide range of topics including the diagnosis, management, and state-of-the-art treatment for heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias. Participants will return to their practice equipped with the latest evidence base and practical information to improve patient outcomes.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate current and emerging clinical evidence in the assessment, treatment and management of patients with challenging cardiovascular disease.
- Apply new concepts in the management of arrhythmias, heart failure and hypertension.
- Employ new medical and surgical therapies for heart failure.
- Discuss current pharmacologic and medical management strategies for patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Assess device based therapies for heart rhythm disorders.
- Enhance skills in the management of cardiovascular disease in women.
- Illustrate techniques to aid in patient adherence to prescribed medications.
- Describe current pharmacologic and medical management strategies for patients with chemo-induced cardiomyopathy.
- Identify appropriate treatments for peripheral vascular disease.
- Determine the effect of comorbidity and chronic conditions on patients with heart disease.
- Outline best practices for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Integrate new guidelines for hypertension and heart failure management into practice.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- San Diego Marriott La Jolla
- La Jolla, CA 920374240 La Jolla Village Drive
|Fri, Apr 12th, 2019 - Sun, Apr 14th, 2019||7 am - 12 pm|