This webpage serves as a resource for Scripps physicians as we work together to implement the Epic electronic health record (EHR) and revenue cycle system in support of improved patient care, clinical outcomes and efficiency. This new single, integrated system will replace our ambulatory and inpatient EHR and revenue cycle management systems.
- Wave 3 Kickoff Events - June 13 and 14 (PDF, 130 KB)
- Wave 3 ACO/Epic Town Hall - May 3 (PDF, 180 KB) (RSVP required)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - June 1 Chula Vista (PDF, 1000 KB)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - June 8 San Diego (PDF, 1000 KB)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - July 12 San Diego (PDF, 1000 KB)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - Aug. 16 San Diego (PDF, 1000 KB)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - Aug. 17 Chula Vista (PDF, 1 MB)
- Epic Physician Town Hall - Sep. 6 San Diego (PDF, 1000 KB)
Scripps Mercy Hospital (Chula Vista and San Diego), Scripps Home Health and Scripps Laboratory Services will go live with Epic in Wave 3, launching Oct. 6, 2018.
For physicians at Scripps locations where Epic has already launched, remote access to the system is available.
To access Epic from outside Scripps, please follow these steps:
- Timeline flyer for Wave 3 (PDF, 170 KB)
- Answers to frequently asked questions (PDF, 150 KB) regarding the Scripps Epic system and how physicians and their staff can connect to it.
- Physician and office staff Epic town hall meetings (PDF, 240 KB) – Scripps is hosting Medical Staff Practice Manager Readiness Town Hall Meetings at Scripps Encinitas, Scripps La Jolla's Schaetzel Center and Campus Point Annex (CPB) assembly rooms to ensure awareness and mutual understanding of your private office electronic health record needs.
- Primary Scripps Epic webpage – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) For general information and updates concerning Epic, please visit the internal Epic webpage at InsideScripps.org/Epic.
- Epic eLearning – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) The Scripps Center for Learning and Innovation (CFLI) created an expansive Epic training section, which offers links to more than 100 demonstration videos – covering ambulatory, inpatient, access, revenue cycle and health plan.
- Collaboration site – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) A collaboration site has been developed for the sharing of documentation regarding Epic, and it will be populated with operational readiness documentation, workflow diagrams, key decisions, training materials and much more. The collaboration site is available to all physicians. If you don’t have access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.