The terms and conditions of resident training and employment are specified in the employment agreement that also includes training obligations, stipend and benefit provisions. The Residency Manual fully describes policies, practices and procedures. Copies of the employment agreement and other pertinent information about our program is provided at the time of interview.
- All members of the resident staff are offered health insurance for themselves and eligible dependents at a minimal cost. Medical coverage includes vision, prescription and chiropractic/acupuncture plans.
- Dental plan with network and out-of-network coverage options. Eligible dependents can also be covered at a minimal cost.
- Multiple levels of employee life insurance are available, including accidental death and dismemberment [AD&D] coverage. You may purchase supplemental, spousal or dependent life insurance. State disability insurance is paid by the resident (the state of California requires this contribution, which provides income insurance for disability due to non-job-related injury or illness).
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Confidential, free, short-term professional counseling is available for employees and family members for issues impacting work or personal life.
Paid time off
- Residents receive up to three weeks of paid time off, inclusive of holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Parking is provided free of charge.
- Funds are available for books, conferences, and educational software. Tuition reimbursement covers registration expenses for conferences.
- Residents have the opportunity to attend CSHP Seminar, ASHP Mid-Year Clinical Meeting and the Western States Residency Conference. Specialty conferences are optional and may be arranged.
- Pharmacy residents are also entitled to the following benefits:
- Entertainment discounts
- Gym membership discounts
- Childcare discounts
- Access to the Wellness Program