This webpage serves as a resource for Scripps physicians as we work together to implement the Epic electronic health record (EHR) and revenue cycle system in support of improved patient care, clinical outcomes and efficiency. This new single, integrated system will replace our ambulatory and inpatient EHR and revenue cycle management systems.
Wave 2 physician online training and enrollment for classroom training is now open, and instructor-led classroom training begins Jan. 15, 2018. Wave 2 physicians need to be trained in the Epic electronic health record and revenue cycle system. Patient safety and quality of care are our top priorities, so this training is required to ensure every clinician has the skillset needed to navigate the new system.
- Epic Town Hall for Physicians January 25 (PDF, 260 KB)
- How to enroll in training (PDF, 160 KB)
- Instructions for accessing Epic eCourses and enrolling in classroom training (PDF, 270 KB)
- Classroom training FAQs (PDF, 280 KB)
- Quick reference guide to the physician LMS (PDF, 500 KB)
Scripps Encinitas and Scripps La Jolla will go live with Epic in Wave 2, launching April 7, 2018. The following is an expected timeline for Wave 2, covering the remainder of this year and the beginning of 2018:
- September – System build completion. (Clinical content build will continue in FY 18.)
- Nov. 27 – Training begins for credentialed trainers; online training for end users begins; registration for classroom training opens.
- Dec. 13 – 120-Day Go-Live Readiness Assessment (GLRA).
- Jan. 5 – Super user training begins.
- Jan. 10 – 90-Day GLRA.
- February – Town hall meetings begin.
- Feb. 5 – Classroom training for end users begins.
- Feb. 7 – 60-Day GLRA.
- Mar. 7 – 30-Day GLRA.
- Mar. 24 – Classroom training for end users ends.
- March – System testing completed.
- April – Data migration; Command Center and dispatch centers open.
- Apr. 7 – Wave 2 launches.
Please note that certain dates could change, and if they do, you will be informed.
- Preparing affiliated physicians for wave 2 at Scripps. (PDF, 100 KB)
- Answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the Scripps Epic system and how physicians and their staff can connect to it (PDF, 150 KB).
- Physician and office staff Epic town hall meetings (PDF, 240 KB) – Scripps is hosting Medical Staff Practice Manager Readiness Town Hall Meetings at Scripps Encinitas, Scripps La Jolla's Schaetzel Center and Campus Point Annex (CPB) assembly rooms to ensure awareness and mutual understanding of your private office electronic health record needs.
- Primary Scripps Epic webpage – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) For general information and updates concerning Epic, please visit the internal Epic webpage at InsideScripps.org/Epic.
- Epic eLearning – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) The Scripps Center for Learning and Innovation (CFLI) created an expansive Epic training section, which offers links to more than 100 demonstration videos – covering ambulatory, inpatient, access, revenue cycle and health plan.
- Collaboration site – (This link is internal and requires logging in with your Scripps username and password.) A collaboration site has been developed for the sharing of documentation regarding Epic, and it will be populated with operational readiness documentation, workflow diagrams, key decisions, training materials, and much more. The collaboration site is available to all physicians. If you don’t have access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wave 1 of Epic launched April 1 at Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Clinic and Scripps Coastal Medical Center. Scripps Encinitas and Scripps La Jolla will be part of Wave 2, launching April 2018. Wave 3 will include both campuses of Scripps Mercy Hospital and launch in fall 2018.
Now that Epic has launched at Wave 1 sites, physicians at Wave 2 and Wave 3 sites can access the view-only version of the electronic health record and revenue cycle system. Education on Epic View-Only is available through the physician LMS. (If you don’t have access or can’t remember your login, please contact the LMS Helpdesk at LMS@scrippshealth.org or 858-435-7113.) This education, called "Epic View Only Clinical 100," provides an overview of how the Wave 1 Epic go-live impacts your work at Wave 2 and 3 sites. The 30-minute training shows how to access the Epic chart, how to know when your patient has information in Epic and how to find the information in the Epic chart.
To complete training in the LMS:
1. Login to the physician LMS
2. Click on the Learn tab in the top blue menu bar
3. Click on My Learning Plans
4. Launch eCourses from this area
Remote access to Epic
For physicians at Scripps locations where Epic has already launched, remote access to the system is available.
To access Epic from outside Scripps, please follow these steps: