The Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green internal medicine faculty is dedicated to patient care, education and research. They offer a broad spectrum of expertise and are committed to providing mentorship and support to guide residents through their training.
- Joel Diamant, MD, FACP — Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Neil Kalra, MD — Director, Residency Recruitment
- Maida Soghikian, MD, FACP, FACCP — Director, Critical Care Instruction; Co-Director, Simulation Training
- Dan Dworsky, MD — Associate Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Diane McNally, MD — Director, Resident Evaluations
- Laura Nicholson, MD, PhD — Director, Resident Research and Evidence-Based Medicine
- Allen Johnson, MD — Director, Cardiovascular Education
- Eric Topol, MD — Director, Scripps Translational Science Institute and Chief Academic Officer for Scripps Health
- Michael Kosty, MD, FACP — Director, Graduate Medical Education at Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital
- Carrie Chun, MD — Co-Director, Simulation Training
- Parham Khanbolooki, MD — Director, Lecture Curricula and Bedside Clinical Evaluation
- Thomas Carter, MD, FACP — Director, Ambulatory Care Training
- Biraj Shah, MD — Co-Director, Ambulatory Care Training
- Miguel Goicoechea, MD — Director, Infectious Disease Training
A group of almost 100 hospitalists, internists, cardiologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists and nephrologists interact with and teach the residents on a near-daily basis.
An additional 300-plus clinicians and scientists are regularly involved in instructing, overseeing and assisting the internal medicine trainees at Scripps Clinic. This diverse group of faculty provides some of the finest bedside, lecture hall and laboratory-based instruction available anywhere.