All Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital internal medicine residents are required to participate in a scholarly research project during their three years of training. Many have presented their research and clinical vignette posters at the American College of Physicians National Scientific Meeting and via an array of peer-reviewed publications.
In addition, residents regularly present and defend their research at national subspecialty meetings, including the:
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Hematology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
- American Geriatrics Society