Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla offers three 12-month PGY-1 resident phamacy practice positions. Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), the postgraduate training is designed to develop skilled clinicians that can deliver pharmaceutical care in a variety of health care settings.
Learn more about the program to determine if you would make a good match.
- Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Supportive program with frequent faculty-resident interaction
- Focused on pharmacotherapy, research and teaching in a decentralized practice model
- Clinical pharmacy services integrated into multi-disciplinary care teams
- Earn a teaching certificate
- Post-residency career placement opportunities at Scripps Health and beyond
- Named among the nation’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report
- Listed by Fortune magazine as one of the best places to work
- More than 28 clinical pharmacists, including specialists in cardiology, infectious disease, medication management therapy management, oncology and OR/surgical services
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Centers
- Joint Commision-certified Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) program
- Magnet recognized hospital
- Level II trauma center
- Home of the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute