Rotations during the pharmacy residency program at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla offer residents the opportunity to practice patient-centered pharmaceutical care and build upon their education and training.
Residents are members of professional interdisciplinary teams during the course of the year, allowing them to grow their communication and leadership skills. During these rotations, residents also have the opportunity to precept and mentor fourth-year pharmacy students.
- Internal medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Critical care
- Transitions of care
- Emergency department
- Maternal child health
- Solid organ transplant at Scripps Green Hospital
- Bone marrow transplant at Scripps Green Hospital
- Clinical administration and leadership
- Medication safety
- Pharmacy operations
- Teaching certificate
- Participation in pharmacy and hospital committees, such as:
- Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
- Safe Medication Practices Committee
- Pharmacist Clinical Practice Council
- Diabetes Steering Committee
In addition to completing required rotations, pharmacy practice residents are expected to obtain licensure early in the residency, staff the pharmacy, precept pharmacy students, perform in-services to hospital staff, assist in the recruitment and interview process for future residents and pharmacists, and present their major research project at the Western States Conference.