Apply for the Scripps Mercy PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
The Pharmacy Practice Residency (match code: 128113) is a 12-month commitment starting on July 1. To be considered for the residency program, candidates must be a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy and eligible for California licensure. Candidates also undergo a personal onsite interview.
- Matched residents must be licensed pharmacist interns prior to July 1 in the State of California
- Matched residents must be licensed pharmacists in the State of California prior to October 1
- Matched residents must have a current BLS certificate (AHA certified) at the start of the residency year
- Note: We do not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be US citizens or US permanent residents, or hold a valid EAD-employment authorization.
- See PhORCAS for all details
- Your personal letter of intent should not exceed a 250 word maximum
- Three letters of recommendation are required (two preferably from acute care rotations)
- There are no additional supplemental items required
The application submission deadline is January 1 of each year.
Prospective candidates will receive correspondence inviting them for an onsite interview. Please submit a passport-sized photo after you have received confirmation for an onsite interview.
For special arrangements, please contact Harminder Sikand, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview dates for 2017-2018 year
- Friday, January 27
- Saturday, January 28
- Sunday, January 29
- Friday, February 3
Interview schedule (not in order)
- Leadership team interview: 15 minutes
- Tour with current residents: 30 minutes
- Residency advisory committee interview: 60 minutes
- Medical team rounds (morning interviews only)
- Residency Manual review: 30 minutes