The Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center provides outstanding care to support a woman’s breast health. Opened in December 2013, the facility has the latest technology, and the most experienced staff, to ensure accurate screening.
Our breast specialists offer expert care in a warm, supportive environment. No matter how routine mammography is for us, we know it is not routine for you. We give you the time and attention you deserve. We discuss the procedure with you in detail and encourage you to ask any questions you may have.
We offer the full spectrum of breast care:
- Digital mammography for screening and diagnosis. This advanced mammography test uses a low-dose X-ray that passes through your breast tissue to create a high-contrast, high-resolution image of the breast. These images can reveal any potential tumors or abnormalities even before you or a doctor can feel them. Read more about digital mammography.
- Computer-aided detection software for enhanced accuracy
- Advanced biopsy technology. We may recommend a biopsy to confirm a diagnosis. Advanced biopsy methods offer the greatest accuracy and precision, such as ultrasound-guided breast biopsy and stereotactic breast biopsy.
- Genetic testing for BRCA and other breast cancer markers. Our genetic counselors will discuss with you whether genetic testing is right for you.
- Breast-specific gamma imaging (BSGI). This advanced nuclear medicine technique can detect issues not found during standard mammograms.
- Breast ultrasound. This technique uses sound waves to produce pictures of the insides of the breast. Doctors sometimes order a breast ultrasound to screen for breast cancer and abnormalities in high-risk patients or women with dense breasts. Learn more about ultrasounds.
- Support at every phase. Our nurse coordinator provides assistance and support before, during and after procedures.
- Access to the full resources of Scripps. Our center is a part of the integrated cancer care at Scripps, providing access to genetic testing, cancer navigators, patient support groups, clinical trials and the complete spectrum of cancer therapies.