At the Scripps Polster Breast Care Center, you will meet with experienced health care professionals, registered nurses and physicians who are part of your breast care team.
We listen to your concerns and work with you to make informed decisions. We encourage you and your family to ask questions and take an active role in your care.
Our ongoing commitment to provide you with the most advanced breast health resources includes:
- Participation in clinical research studies for breast cancer prevention and treatment.
- Our team collaborates with resources in the community to further increase breast care awareness, education, treatment and support.
- You and your family will have access to the latest information on every aspect of breast care, from prevention and detection to treatment and therapy. Our reference library is filled with up-to-date educational material for your convenience.
Our support groups are facilitated by licensed professionals and are open to everyone. Support groups are free and you do not have to be a Scripps patient to join us. If you would like additional information, please call 858-626-5207.
Young women’s support group
The group is held twice monthly:
- The first Tuesday of the month, from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- The third Tuesday from 6:30 - 8 pm
This group is part of our educational, community-wide outreach program supporting women ages 20-40, and may include topics such as:
- Body image, dating, sex and intimacy
- Fertility and chemotherapy
- Effects of illness on marriage and new relationships
- Reconstruction options
- Re-occurrence and metastasis
- Networking with women who share similar experiences and concerns