Nicole Gunn, MD, is a clinical rheumatologist at Scripps Clinic. She has a special interest in the management and prevention of diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and inflammatory muscle disease.
Dr. Gunn joined Scripps Clinic in 2017 and is active in graduate medical education as the program director of the Scripps Clinic Rheumatology Fellowship program. She is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Rheumatology.
She believes that shared decision-making helps foster a strong physician-patient relationship. Dr. Gunn takes pride in actively listening to her patients’ unique medical situations and developing individualized treatment plans.
When not treating patients, Dr. Gunn enjoys the beach, regular exercise and spending time with her children. Dr. Gunn previously served as a lieutenant commander in the United States Navy for 10 years.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, 2009
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2007
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, MD, 2004
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Internal Medicine, 2007
- University of Chicago Hospitals & Clinics, Rheumatology, 2009
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.