- Phone Number
- Korean, English
Abraham Chyung, MD, is a neurologist specializing in the evaluation and treatment of memory and seizure disorders. With a doctorate degree in Alzheimer’s disease research, he has a strong clinical interest in conditions that cause memory loss. These include Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, Lewy body dementia, vascular dementia, normal pressure hydrocephalus and other dementia syndromes.
Dr. Chyung has subspecialty fellowship training in epilepsy and is a co-director of the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at Scripps Memorial Hospital in Encinitas. He has published peer-reviewed articles on the subject of both dementia and epilepsy.
He believes that open communication and listening are the foundations of lasting relationships, something that Dr. Chyung strives to establish with each of his patients.
In his spare time he stays active by exercising regularly.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Epilepsy, 2017
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology, 2006
- University of Pennsylvania, MD, 2000
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Neurology, 2004
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Epilepsy, 2005
- Scripps Clinic