- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Charles Edwards, MD, specializes in obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN) as well as gynecologic surgery. He provides his patients with a variety of women’s health services including pelvic and breast cancer screenings, incontinence therapy, treatment for menopause and perimenopause, obstetrics, infertility screenings, and family planning and contraceptive counseling.
In addition to general gynecology, Dr. Edwards treats more complex gynecologic issues. He seeks to provide the most advanced techniques to treat his patients including newer, safer and easier outpatient therapies for menstrual bleeding problems. Dr. Edwards also uses surgical techniques to treat advanced cases of pelvic prolapse and endometriosis.
As a member of the Scripps Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery Program, Dr. Edwards can provide his patients the surgical options best suited for them, including minimally invasive robot-assisted surgeries for a wide range of non-cancerous gynecologic conditions.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1981
- State University of New York at Syracuse College of Medicine, MD, 1974
- University of California, San Diego, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1975
- University of California, San Diego, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1978
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.