- Internal Medicine
- Russian, English
A member of the American College of Rheumatology and American College of Physicians, Dr. Shikhman specializes in the treatment of connective tissue diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogren’s syndrome, vasculitis, myositis and scleroderma.
Actively involved in clinical and basic research, Dr. Shikhman is an assistant professor in the Division of Arthritis Research at The Scripps Research Institute. Currently, the National Institute of Health sponsors his research on cartilage biology. He is a leading author of numerous scientific publications in peer review journals, including Journal of Immunology, Arthritis and Rheumatism, New England Journal of Medicine and Nature Biology.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, 1999
- Russian Medical University, MD, 1982
- Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1997
- Scripps Clinic, Rheumatology, 1999
- Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Immunology, 1994