Dr. Thomas has been practicing medicine since 1987 and was board certified in Internal Medicine in 1986. He was also board certified in Nephrology in 1990. Dr. Thomas received his medical degree from the University of Colorado Medical School in 1980. From there, he did his internship at the U.S. Public Health Services Hospital in Stanten Island, NY. He worked as a General Medical Officer at the Robert F. Kennedy Federal Correctional Institution in Morgantown, WV for two years. He completed his Internal Medical residency at the West Virginia University Hospital. His nephrology fellowship was completed at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. He is married to his wife, Inez, and is the father of two children.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology, 1990
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1986
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, MD, 1980
- US Public Health Service Hospital, Internship, Internship-Medicine, 1981
- West Virginia University, Residency, Internal Medicine, 1985
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Fellowship, 1987