As an orthopedic surgeon trained in all spinal conditions, William “Bill” Tontz, Jr., MD, takes great pride in treating the vast majority of his patients without using surgical measures since most patients can successfully be treated with nonsurgical methods.
In fact, he believes building personal relationships with his patient is an important part of their treatment plan. This includes educating his patients in how to care for their bodies to improve their overall health and wellness.
Should his patients require surgery his areas of expertise include adult spine trauma and reconstruction. He also specializes in kyphoplasty, minimally invasive cervical and lumbar surgery, non-operative spinal care, and outpatient spinal decompression surgery.
Other surgical procedures he performs include micro discectomy, cervical fusion, fracture and dislocation repair, laminoplasty, lumbar laminectomy, anterior lumbar interbody fusion and thoracic laminectomy.
When he’s not caring for his patients, Dr. Tontz enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, playing tennis and cheering on the Chargers.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2007
- University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, MD, 1998
- University of California, San Diego, Internship-Surgery, 1999
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004
- University of Wisconsin, Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine, 2005
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.