A surgical oncologist, Robert Barone, MD, provides up-to-date treatment and personalized care for primary and complex cancers of the skin, head, neck, breast, gastrointestinal tract and ovary. He offers a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care as well as a tailored treatment plan for each individual. He also provides counseling and a comprehensive breast screening program for high-risk individuals.
Dr. Barone has been practicing medicine since 1976 and was one of the first surgeons to use heated chemotherapy to treat abdominal cancers. He is also a special investigator on a number of cancer treatments.
Outside of work, Dr. Barone’s hobbies include golf, skiing and fly fishing.
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery (General Surgery), 1973
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, MD, 1966
- University of Illinois, General Surgery, 1967
- University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics, General Surgery, 1972
- University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics, Surgical Oncology, 1974
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.