Ajay Srivastava, MD
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant
- Clinical Hypertension
Ajay V. Srivastava, MD, is a cardiologist and heart failure specialist. He treats patients with a variety of cardiovascular issues, with a particular focus on patients with heart failure, cardiomyopathies, pre- and post-left ventricular assist device (LVAD) therapy and cardiac transplantation. Other areas of expertise include cardiac imaging, including stress testing, echocardiography and cardiac PET/CT.
In addition to his clinical practice, he is keenly involved in research on ventricular assist devices and trials in patients with cancer and heart disease, along with an emphasis on cardiac amyloidosis. In close collaboration with the Scripps Translational Science Institute (TSRI), he is investigating the role of remote monitoring in patients with heart failure and LVADs.
Dr. Srivastava strongly believes in a patient-centered approach. While incorporating modern technology is essential in the current era of digital medicine, he believes in the importance of getting to know each of his patients. He seeks to treat his patients in the same way he or his family members would like to be treated, both personally and clinically. He thoroughly evaluates each person, answers all questions and presents a management plan that best suits him or her. When evaluating patients for LVAD therapy, he works closely with the cardiothoracic surgeons to coordinate joint appointments. This multi-disciplinary approach helps to simplify the sometimes difficult decision-making process.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Srivastava is a faculty member of the Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital adult cardiovascular medicine fellowship program and a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. Throughout his training he has been the recipient many awards and accolades including the following:
- Leadership Award – American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Young Investigator Finalist – American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Pilot and feasibility research award – American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Travel grant awards – International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation and American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Best outgoing resident research award – Henry Ford Hospitals, Detroit, MI
- Resident research awards – Henry Ford Hospitals, Detroit, MI (two time winner)
In his spare time, Dr. Srivastava enjoys playing tennis and golf, running and traveling. He firmly believes travel offers an optimistic perspective on the world and applies the same philosophy in medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, 2012
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, MD, 2002
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, 2006
- Stanford University Medical Center, Cardiovascular Disease, 2014
- Bridgeport Hospital / Yale University School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, 2012
- Yale University School of Medicine, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 2010
- Yale University School of Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, 2009
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.