Special Diets: Heart Healthy Recipe, Diabetes Recipe, and Gluten Free Recipe
- 3 pink grapefruit
- 2 Tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (gluten free if needed)
- 1/8 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lb baby spinach (about 3 1/2 quarts)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
With a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, removing all the bitter white pith. Slice about 3/8 inch thick.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle in 3 tablespoons of the oil, whisking to combine. Set aside.
Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until pink, about 3 minutes per side.
Add the grapefruit, cooked shrimp, spinach, mint, onion and avocado to the vinaigrette in the large bowl. Toss well. Serve immediately.
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber