Scripps Health teams collaborate across medical disciplines to provide comprehensive gynecologic cancer care, using the latest treatments and therapies, including robotic-assisted surgery.
Scripps physicians, in combination with our world-class facilities and capabilities, offer patients the most advanced options to fight gynecological cancer.
Clinical excellence and compassion are two hallmarks of Scripps cancer care. Locally, Scripps pioneered nurse navigation services. Specially trained and experienced in gynecologic oncology (the treatment of female reproductive cancer), our nurse navigators assist and support patients through each phase of care.
- Diagnostic exams for cervical cancer, including Pap tests, cervical biopsies and cervical cone biopsies
- Imaging technologies, including ultrasound, computed technology (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and X-ray
- Minimally invasive surgical options to remove tumors for cancers of the uterus, ovaries or cervix
- Minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgery options for partial or total removal of the uterus (hysterectomy), and removal of the ovaries (oophorectomy)
- Chemotherapy and support groups and classes specifically designed for cancer patients
- Complementary therapies to help manage cancer symptoms