The earlier patients begin acute inpatient rehabilitation, the better their long-term outcome.
Scripps acute inpatient rehabilitation program is designed for patients who have complex treatment plans that require intensive supervision and multiple therapies.
General criteria for admission include:
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Must be able to participate in, and benefit from, at least three hours of therapy per day.
- Must need services from at least two different therapy disciplines (physical, occupational, or speech therapy)
- Must have a viable discharge plan to either a home or an assisted living facility following rehabilitation
Patients who meet the above criteria can often be admitted within 24 hours. Scripps accepts most insurance plans, and we can make special payment arrangements as needed.
To start the admission process, contact us and a rehab admissions counselor will return your call within one business day.
During the call a rehab admissions counselor will ask you some questions, including:
- Where is your loved one hospitalized and who is their physician?
- Is there a plan for where he or she will go following discharge from Scripps Rehabilitation Center, such as their home or a skilled nursing facility?
- Is he or she covered under any insurance including Medicare or Medicaid plans?
The admissions counselor will also give you as much time as you need to answer your questions. Contact us to arrange for a tour of the facility.