We make it easy to find an internal medicine doctor in San Diego who is right for you. Our expert internists — whether at Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal Medical Center or one of our affiliated medical groups — have special expertise and experience caring for adults age 18 and older. As part of the Scripps network, we are conveniently located throughout San Diego and accept a growing list of health plans.
Choose from hundreds of internal medicine doctors specially trained to provide a wide range of care for adults.
- Ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- Award-winning hospitals
- 100+ medical specialties
- Through Scripps' partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, patients will soon have access to the nation’s leading treatment protocols and clinical trials
Did you know that Scripps internal medicine doctors are available to you through more health plans than ever?
Our internists provide comprehensive care, from diagnosis to the treatment of complex or chronic medical conditions. Your Scripps internist will establish a long-term relationship with you, helping you maintain good health and navigate illness or injury.
Care by an internal medicine provider may include:
- Preventive screenings
- Routine check-ups
- Health risk assessment
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, mental health and other long-term conditions
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings, such as breast exams and Pap smears
- Men’s health
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine
- Referrals to specialists who are among the nation’s best and have access to advanced technology and innovative research
Internists can both care for routine health problems and help manage challenging health conditions, such as asthma and hypertension.
Scripps also offers 24-hour urgent care for adult and pediatric patients in San Diego, as well as extended hours at many of our locations.