As a gastroenterologist, Walter Coyle, MD, treats all diseases of the digestive tract, as well as attached organs such as the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas.
His clinical interests include the diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic diseases, gallbladder and biliary tract diseases, esophageal diseases and inflammatory bowel diseases. Areas of expertise include pancreatic cancer, auto-immune pancreatitis, eosinophilic esophagus (inflammatory condition of the esophagus), Barrett’s esophagus, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Coyle has a research interest in pancreatic cancer, treatment of Barrett’s esophagus using cryoablation and all types of advanced endoscopy.
Dr. Coyle believes that the best doctor-patient relationships are developed through careful listening by the provider and open, honest communication by both parties.
In his spare time he enjoys photography and diving. He also stays active with golf, cycling and racquetball.
Areas of Expertise
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 1995
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Jefferson Medical College, MD, 1986
- National Naval Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1987
- Naval Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, Endoscopic Surgery, 1996
- Naval Medical Center, Gastroenterology, 1995