Dr. Coyle received his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude, and his bachelor of science from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. He completed his internship at the Naval Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, and his residency and fellowship at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia.
Dr. Coyle received additional training in advanced endoscopy including endoscopic ultrasound and ERCP at the Medical University of South Carolina. He served for 21 years in the US Navy and was the Surgeon General’s adviser for Gastroenterology. He retired in 2006 at the rank of Captain.
Dr. Coyle is a member of many professional associations, including Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, the American Gastroenterology Association, and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Areas of Expertise
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 1995
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Jefferson Medical College, MD, 1986
- National Naval Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1987
- Naval Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, Endoscopic Surgery, 1996
- Naval Medical Center, Gastroenterology, 1995