Comprehensive Breast Cancer Detection, Diagnosis and Treatment
Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, and can affect men as well. It often arrives silently, with few symptoms.
The cancer care specialists at Scripps provide unmatched expertise, the latest technological treatment tools and a wide range of support services to assist patients through diagnosis, breast cancer treatment, recovery and survivorship.
We also have a cancer genetics program that helps identify women who may be at increased risk for breast cancer due to family history or genetic makeup.
From genetic testing and on-site diagnostic imaging, to the latest radiation, surgical and systemic treatments, we are equipped to provide prompt, comprehensive care for patients who have breast cancer, or are at high risk of getting it.
Cancer treatment navigators
Our cancer care navigator program features registered oncology nurses who work with patients to facilitate the breast cancer treatment process. They work with the patient’s doctor to assist with tests, consultations and other appointments, and direct patients to educational resources and support services.
A collaborative environment
The multidisciplinary team of breast cancer treatment experts have specialized training in breast care and oncology, including:
- Medical oncologists to coordinate care
- General surgeons with extensive training in breast procedures
- Pathologists experienced in breast cancer diagnosis and research
- Plastic surgeons specializing in breast reconstruction
- Radiation oncologists
- Radiologists specially trained in diagnostic procedures related to breast health
- Registered nurse practitioners