Dedicated Care for Heart Failure
Heart failure is a chronic heart condition that requires expert medical care and management. At Scripps, we offer a dedicated and comprehensive heart failure program staffed by some of the most experienced heart failure experts in San Diego.
The heart failure program at Scripps features:
- Dedicated heart failure physicians
- One of the first physicians to become board certified as a heart failure specialist
- Joint Commission certified left ventricular assist device (LVAD) program
- Specialized nurse practitioners
- Inpatient and outpatient care
- The second physician in the country to use biventricular defibrillation for the treatment of heart failure
Our goal is to be your partner in care to reduce your heart failure symptoms and slow its progression.
Heart failure treatment options
Your physician will determine your heart failure treatment based on the underlying cause of your heart failure. Heart failure treatment options include: