- We collect information from you when you register on the site, respond to a survey or communication such as email, or participate in another site feature.
- When registering, we will ask for your name, email address and other information, such as your ZIP code, the location of your primary care physician and how often you use Scripps Health services.
- We will never ask for your social security number or medical record number.
- We also collect information about prize recipients so that we can fulfill the prize distribution.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and to gather information about visitors and visits to our website. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interest, and exclude any content that is not relevant to you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
We may contract with third-party service providers to host and develop Scripps Listens or to otherwise assist us in better understanding our site visitors and may provide the information we collect to such providers to enable them to perform such services and to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. The term “outside parties” does not include Scripps Health. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
To delete your account with Scripps Listens, simply unsubscribe from your account. You may unsubscribe at any time. You may also email ScrippsListens@scrippshealth.org.