Presented in Partnership with AAAS/Science Translational Medicine
March 5-6, 2015
The room block at the La Jolla shores hotel is now sold out. View other hotels near SIO here.
The 8th Future of Genomic Medicine conference will be the next iteration of taking genomic knowledge to transform the daily practice of medicine. To do this, we have patients present their story of how genomics affected their medical status, and have an international faculty of experts in genomics, science and medical journalism, and the life science industry provide critical perspective. This year we will be paying particular attention to the exciting area of genomic editing to treat particular diseases, cancer (a disease of the genome), and the genomics of rare and unknown diseases. Furthermore, we will delve into to the hot topics of the microbiome, genomic-guided drug therapies and genomic analytics. The overarching goal of the conference is to spearhead efforts to use genomic knowledge to change medicine and make it far more precise and individualized.
- Voice of the patient represented throughout the conference
- Renowned faculty representing the country’s leading institutions
- Multiple panel discussion segments with ample question and answer time with faculty
- Additional networking opportunities
Student Registration Application
Student participation in the Future of Genomic Medicine conference is welcomed and strongly encouraged. However, due to the popularity of the conference and size restrictions of the venue, student registrations will be limited to fifty (50) spots and awarded through this application process. The application deadline is January 30, 2015 and applicants will be notified via email by February 5, 2015 (1 month prior to the start of the conference) regarding the status of their application.
View the online student registration application.
- Demonstrate the unmet needs of medicine today with respect to more targeted, individualized prevention and treatments.
- Discuss the opportunities of the genome, proteome, metabolome discovery to change medical practice as it exists today.
- Assess how changes and advances in technology are rapidly ushering in a whole array of new pathways for individualized medicine of the future.
- Explore specific strategies in cancer, idiopathic and pharmacogenomic futuristic interventions.
- Health care professional of all disciplines interested in the future of medicine, especially with respect to individualized therapies
- Human Geneticists
- Genomic Scientist
For Media Questions Only Contact
- Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment
- Scripps Seaside Forum
8610 Kennel Way
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8328 -117.271
|Thursday, March 5th, 2015 - Friday, March 6th, 2015||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|