- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- 9888 Genesee Avenue
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8846 -117.222
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs and wishes.
- Emergency Services
- The ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Emergency care you can count on
When you need immediate care, you can count on the emergency department at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Our registration and assessment process has decreased ER wait times to an average of 30 minutes or less, taking much of the wait out of emergency care in San Diego. Scripps is one of the first health systems in California to implement this new emergency department assessment system.
Why choose Scripps emergency care?
Our board-certified emergency physicians, registered nurses, emergency technicians and administrative staff provide care for more than 29,000 patients each year. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla offers exceptional emergency care including:
- Emergency medical care available 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Emergency care for heart attacks as an American Heart Association certified STEMI receiving center. Learn more about heart care at Scripps.
- Gold Seal of Approval level stroke care as a Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Center.
- Level II trauma center provides optimal care to trauma patient through an advanced network of care, which includes 24-hour access to our experienced trauma team. Learn more about trauma care at Scripps.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Find more information about our urgent care locations.