Serving National and International Patients Visiting San Diego
The destination health program at Scripps provides treatment coordination and personalized attention for patients visiting our hospitals or clinics from outside of San Diego, including international patients.
Our staff can help coordinate all aspects of each visiting patient’s visit to Scripps, such as scheduling physician appointments, escorting patients to procedures, requesting second medical opinions, and providing information about lodging. Our experienced team is available to assist with a variety of medical and non-medical services, and is committed to making patients and their families feel comfortable during their stay.
Destination health services
- Assistance with hospital admission
- Coordination of all patient appointments with Scripps Health specialists for consultation, diagnosis, and medical procedures
- Executive medical examinations
- Facilitation of second opinions
- Advance financial and billing arrangements
- Appointments for family members who request routine and preventive medical care
- Advice and assistance with home care services
- Assistance with medical evacuation for patients who require care who are living or vacationing outside of the U.S.
Our exceptional medical expertise is matched by our commitment to personalized care. From our patients’ initial inquiries through their follow-up medical care back home, our liaisons act as a single point of contact to assist patients throughout their stay.
Our liaisons can arrange for the following services:
- Interpretation services in 30 languages
- Transportation, including airport pickup and ground or air ambulance
- Hotel or long-term lodging arrangements for patients and their families
- Personal escorts to appointments and specialized procedures
- Private duty nurses or nurse assistants
- Special meals honoring dietary requirements
- Arrangements for special cultural or religious needs
Our care liaisons serve embassies, consulates, foreign governments, insurers, and individual patients around the world.