Internal Medicine Residency Program
The Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program accepts 12 applicants each year — 36 total — and balances assignments between a 173-bed hospital adult-only acute care hospital, a network of outpatient clinics, the Naval Medical Center San Diego and other teaching facilities.
The program also co-sponsors residencies in general surgery, vascular surgery, gynecology and radiology and is a teaching hub for the University of California, San Diego.
Get more facts about the internal medicine residency program at Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green to determine if you would make a good match.
- Strong camaraderie between residents and faculty
- Phenomenal ambulatory medicine experience with one-on-one mentorship
- Diverse teaching sites and patient populations
- Fully-funded international health assignments to the South Pacific
- Among the highest board pass rates in the nation (>97%)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Since 2006, 59 percent of graduates have stayed at Scripps as fellows, hospitalists or general internists
- Alumni have gone on to major academic appointments across the country
- Number of available spots:
- 1st year – 12
- 2nd year – 12
- 3rd year – 12
- Physician faculty: 26 full-time, 21 part-time, >300 volunteers
- Average hours per week on duty: 70
- Average hours per week of lectures/conferences: 13
- Scripps La Jolla Hospitals and Clinics were recognized for high performance in 8 specialty areas on U.S. News and World Report’s America's Best Hospitals list
- Scripps Green recognized as a top 100 hospital, and recognized for its teaching excellence
- Scripps Green named among nation’s top performers on key quality measures