- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- 354 Santa Fe Drive
- Encinitas, CA 92024 US 33.0369 -117.284 Directions
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
- Emergency Services
- The ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Neonatal Care for our Youngest Patients
Scripps newborn intensive care units (NICU) provide a sensitive focus on infants with special health needs. You can rely on our specially-trained staff, and the latest technological advances in diagnosis and treatment to help your new addition receive the best in care.
All four Scripps hospitals with maternity centers feature Level II NICUs. A Level II neonatal unit provides support and interventions for newborns who have mild to moderate health problems at birth. All Scripps NICUs are staffed by experienced neonatologists, who have experience caring for our newest and most delicate patients.
A partnership for healthy babies
Scripps has partnered with Rady Children’s Hospital to provide exceptional care for our youngest patients. Rady Children’s Hospital was named one of the neonatology hospitals by U.S. News and World Report for 2010-2011.
Rady Children’s Hospital provides care through:
- The management of the Level II NICUs at both Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Offers Level III NICU care to infants transferred from all Scripps hospitals to Rady Children’s Hospital
In addition, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista feature Level II NICUs staffed around the clock by our experienced Scripps neonatologists and nurses.
Support programs are available at all locations to provide emotional assistance, keep families informed, and help parents learn how to care for their baby’s unique needs after discharge.