Comprehensive Fitness Center Focused on Overall Health
Located within the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, the Shiley Sports and Health Center is a comprehensive exercise center serving those with specific medical concerns, as well as healthy populations.
Focusing on the role of fitness in overall health, each staff member has an undergraduate or graduate degree and is certified and professionally affiliated with either the American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association or the American Council on Exercise.
Mon. - Thurs. 5:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Fri. 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sat. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sun. 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The fitness center offers:
- Full service weight room with designated area for stretching and abdominal work
- Complete cardiovascular room with a wide variety of equipment
- 25-yard outdoor lap pool heated to 82 degrees year round
- Outdoor track with ocean and golf course views
- Full-service locker rooms with showers
- Ongoing group exercise and aquatic fitness classes
View the Fitness Center class schedule (PDF, 177 KB)
Membership to the Shiley Sports and Health Center includes:
- Initial fitness evaluation and one-hour nutrition consultation
- Exercise consultation with equipment orientation
- Unlimited use of the facility and pool
- Access to a wide variety of land and aquatic group exercise classes
Personal training is available for an additional charge.
Monthly, weekly and daily rates are available, as well as a family discount.
Group exercise classes
Give your fitness program a boost with a variety of group exercise classes offered by dynamic instructors that know how to get you motivated. Aquatic aerobics, spinning and yoga are just a few of the classes that you can use as part of a comprehensive program to achieve your fitness goals.