Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has served the growing communities of San Diego’s coastal North County since 1978, and is one of five acute-care hospital campuses in the Scripps Health system. With 158 beds, more than 1,260 employees, 680 physicians and 310 volunteers, we offer a full range of clinical and surgical services.
North County’s full-service hospital
Our experienced physicians, nurses and other health care professionals provide expert, compassionate care in state-of-the-art facilities, providing North County with the world-class care that Scripps is known for.
By the numbers
Each year at Scripps Encinitas, we:
- have 80,201 patient visits
- have 39,876 emergency department visits
- provide $27 million dollars worth of uncompensated/free care
The rapid growth and development of North County has led to an urgent need for expanded health care services. Scripps Encinitas is ready to meet that challenge by undergoing a series of improvements that will significantly improve the way health care is delivered in North San Diego County. Our Scripps Encinitas plan is part of Scripps Health’s regional vision to invest $2.3 billion across San Diego County.
Our plan includes:
- An expanded emergency department— the only one between Oceanside and La Jolla
- Additional private, inviting patient rooms
- Increased availability of medical specialists on campus
- More accessible parking
For more information about our expansion plan, call 760-633-7722 or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information or to make a contribution to Scripps Encinitas, please call Scripps Foundation at 800-326-3776.
- Primary Stroke Center designation by The Joint Commission
- STEMI receiving center designation from the American Heart Association
- San Diego County’s first World Health Organization-designated “Baby-Friendly” hospital
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredited:
- Rehabilitation center
- Brain injury treatment program