Your browser is out-of-date!
Internet Explorer 11 has been retired by Microsoft as of June 15, 2022. To get the best experience on this website, we recommend using a modern browser, such as Safari, Chrome or Edge.
This study will look at closing the PFO to reduce the risk of another stroke using a commercial market-approved medical device called a septal occluder.
- Trial ID:
- Matthew J Price, M.D.
- Be 18-70 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with an ischemic stroke within the last 455 days
- Have the presence of a PFO
- Be willing and able to comply with protocol requirements, including follow-up visits
Patients must not:
- Have a history of, or ongoing, atrial fibrillation/flutter
- Have had a previous heart attack
- All treatments and physician visits during this study will take place at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Anderson Medical Pavilion in La Jolla.
- Search for NCT03821129 at www.clinicaltrials.gov for more information.
- Study participation will last up to 5 years.