Updated Dec. 28, 2021 — Scripps is experiencing a significant increase in call volume due to a recent rise in those who want to get tested for COVID-19. Wait times may exceed one hour or more. For additional assistance, please explore our virtual care options. We encourage you to learn more about additional testing options offered through the County.
- Primary Care Hours
Mon - Fri: 7 am - 5 pm
- HealthExpress Walk-In Clinic Hours
Mon - Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat - Sun: 8 am - 5 pm
Holidays: 8 am - 5 pm
- Lab Hours
- Radiology Hours
- Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Close to restaurants and shops
- Free parking
- Walk-in clinic
Located in North City San Marcos off Highway 78 and Twin Oaks Valley Road, Scripps Coastal Medical Center San Marcos provides primary care for the entire family. Also inside Scripps Coastal Medical Center, Scripps HealthExpress walk-in care for minor injuries and illnesses is available seven days a week for ages 2 and older.
We offer the primary care medical services you need in one location.
- Primary care, including family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics
- HealthExpress walk-in care for minor illnesses and injuries
- Rheumatology services available one day a week
- Blood tests and labs (Temporarily closed)
Our doctors serve many North County communities, including North City San Marcos, San Elijo, Escondido, Lake Hodges, Valley Center and Fallbrook.
Free patient parking is available onsite:
- Enter the parking garage and stop at the parking kiosk.
- Push the round button on the top left corner to receive a parking ticket.
- Keep this ticket as it will be needed to exit.
- Up to a full-day validation is available at Scripps.
There is a marked crosswalk to enter the Scripps Coastal Medical Center building. Do not walk under the arm or through the garage entrance. The arms are motion-censored and can drop quickly. Scripps, including Scripps HealthExpress, is on the third floor.
When leaving the parking garage:
- Scan the barcode on your ticket at the center box of the kiosk to open the arm bar.
- If your ticket is lost, select the call-for-service button and inform the attendant that you are a Scripps patient and have lost your ticket. The attendant will grant you access to leave. Otherwise, you will be asked to pay a $10 fee for loss of the ticket. The attendant is available 24 hours a day.
Download and print a map of this campus (PDF, 300 KB).