Learn more about Scripps Health in San Diego through our news center. Using the filters below, you can find news releases, wellness articles, patient stories, health tips from our physicians and highlights of recent media coverage.
Showing 1-10 news of 3142 total
A Scripps emergency room physician weighed in on a new version of a drug that Purdue Pharma has patented to treat opioid addiction.
- Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Looking for a new primary care physician because of a move or health plan change? Follow our tips on what to consider when picking a primary care doctor.
Ken Fujioka, MD, a weight management specialist at Scripps Clinic, discussed the findings of a study that showed BMI alone cannot predict obesity-related...
- Friday, October 12th, 2018
- Scripps Clinic
A Scripps clinic surgeon explains what causes breast cancer and how it is treated, including surgical options such as lumpectomy.
A Scripps oncologist explains how doctors today are able to better tell whether a patient needs chemotherapy as part of their breast cancer treatment.
- Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
- Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, Fifth Avenue, Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, John J. Hopkins Drive, Scripps Clinic
Scripps HealthExpress recently opened a new walk-in clinic at Scripps Clinic Rancho San Diego in East County. Providers treat minor illnesses and injuries.
- Tuesday, October 9th, 2018
- Scripps HealthExpress Locations
Scripps MD Anderson radiation oncologists discuss technological advances that have made radiation therapy safer and more effective treating different types...
Gregory Mundis, a spine surgeon at Scripps, discusses his volunteer work around the world providing surgeries to children with spinal deformities.
A Scripps cardiologist says technological advances are giving patients greater access to health care and more ways to monitor their health via digital devices.
- Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
- Scripps Clinic
Scripps radiation oncologists explain how advances in radiation therapy have made this cancer treatment safer and more effective treating many forms of cancers.
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
- Scripps Clinic Radiation Therapy Center, Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, John J. Hopkins Drive