The documents below provide information on how patients can request the release of their health information (medical records) by Scripps Health, or disclosure of that information to someone other than the patient.
Please read carefully before you sign, and be aware that whoever you give your health information to must be responsible for securing it.
- Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information (PDF, 170 KB)
- Autorización para divulgar información de salud (PDF, 160 KB)
Mail: PO Box 235498, Encinitas, CA 92023-5498
- Requests from legal offices, copy services and insurance companies must be mailed or served and include the processing fee
- Please use the authorization forms above to request radiology records and images
- A Designated Personal Representative Form (PDF, 160 KB) allows a representative to act on the patient's behalf with regard to personal health information
- Continuing care medical record requests: free of charge
- Records for personal, legal and insurance purposes: 25 cents per page
- Copy services or subpoena delivery: $15 processing fee
Requests for records are processed M - F, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Turn-around time will vary based on staff workload. Our goal is to provide records within 15 days of receiving your request.