Family medicine doctors provide care for patients of all ages.
- Ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- Award-winning hospitals
- 100+ medical specialties
- Through Scripps partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center, patients will soon have access to the nation’s leading cancer treatment protocols and clinical trials
Did you know that Scripps family medicine doctors are available to you through more health plans than ever?
Learn more about health plans offering access to Scripps.
Our family medicine physicians can help you manage a variety of health care concerns, from preventive care and annual physicals to performing common outpatient medical procedures.
- Preventive screenings
- Routine check-ups
- Health risk assessments
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, mental health and other long-term conditions
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings, such as breast exams and Pap smears
- Men’s health
- Children’s health care and well-child visits, including developmental screenings, immunizations and parental guidance
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine
- Referrals to specialists who are among the nation’s best
Scripps family practitioners provide comprehensive, expert medical and preventive care with compassion. Our family medicine doctors serve as your health care advocate and help guide you in health matters. Your family physician will ask questions about your family health history and lifestyle. These questions help identify your health risk factors and develop your personal treatment.
We also offer 24-hour urgent care for adults and kids in San Diego, as well as extended hours at many of our locations.