Choose from hundreds of pediatricians at convenient locations throughout San Diego.
- Specially trained pediatricians to manage the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of children through every stage of development
- Referrals to pediatric specialists at Rady Children’s Hospital
- Early morning, evening and weekend hours at many locations
- Same-day, walk-in pediatric care at Scripps HealthExpress
The Parent Connection is San Diego’s largest parenting support group. The organization brings San Diego families together to provide support, enjoy social activities and build lasting relationships. Learn more about The Parent Connection.
Did you know that Scripps pediatricians are available to you through more health plans than ever?
Find out how to get a health insurance plan that gives you access to Scripps.
Our pediatricians are specially trained to provide primary care to infants, children and teens. They can help keep your child healthy, ensure important developmental milestones are reached and coordinate care with specialists if needed.
Pediatricians provide many services, including:
- Newborn and infant care
- Wellness visits
- Adolescent care
- Camp, school and sports physicals
- Developmental, hearing and vision screenings
- Routine lab work
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness
- Education on health choices you will need to make for your child
- International travel preparation
- Consultation on school or behavioral issues
- International adoption consultations
- Prenatal visits for first-time parents
- Allergy or asthma conditions
- Lactation consultations
- Nutritional counseling
Our pediatric experts partner with you throughout your child's life. They understand your parenting style and family dynamics. Scripps pediatricians listen closely to your parenting concerns.
If you’re choosing a pediatrician for the first time, we recommend you begin the process to select a pediatric medicine specialist in your third trimester. Don’t hesitate to ask as many questions as you need to be sure you’ve found the right doctor.