Choose from hundreds of internal medicine doctors. Scripps internists are specially trained to provide a wide range of care for adults.
- Ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- Award-winning hospitals
- 100+ medical specialties
- Through Scripps' partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center, patients will soon have access to the nation’s leading treatment protocols and clinical trials
Did you know that Scripps internal medicine doctors are available to you through more health plans than ever?
Find out how to get a health insurance plan that gives you access to Scripps.
Our internists provide comprehensive care, from diagnosis to the treatment of complex or chronic medical conditions. Your Scripps internist will establish a long-term relationship with you. That relationship will help you maintain good health and navigate illness or injury.
Care by an internal medicine provider may include:
- Preventive screenings
- Routine check-ups
- Health risk assessment
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, mental health and other long-term conditions
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings, such as breast exams and Pap smears
- Men’s health
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine
- Referrals to specialists who are among the nation’s best and have access to advanced technology and innovative research
Internists can both care for routine health problems and help manage challenging health conditions, such as asthma and hypertension.
Scripps also offers 24-hour urgent care for adults and kids in San Diego, as well as extended hours at many of our locations.